The MOST important thing to remember when creating the Do it Yourself Wedding is Relax and Have fun! I’d like for you to have the best NO Stress Wedding you can have. Each wedding is going to be unique and there is NO way to do it wrong. Be flexible so you can enjoy and not stress. Stress frowns are not pretty on a beautiful bride face. Remember, that even if something DOES go terribly wrong (outside of illness or accident) it will make your not-so-perfect wedding a memorable occasion for all – years later there will still be stories of “Remember when … “ that will shine over the memories of that boring other ‘perfect’ wedding everyone attended the month before/after yours. Make it fun, make it unique and enjoy it- Anyone can have a perfect wedding created by the wedding planner- but the bride who does her own wedding , no matter how casual or formal it is – will remember the fun of creating the experience for all of her guests. Including the bridal party and soon-to-be-hubby will give them pride in being a bigger part of the wedding than just another pretty face standing in the correct place at the right time. So.. without further adieu, I give you MY 10 Top NO Stress DIY Wedding Rules.
- Choose a flexible theme so different ideas would match and you are not stuck in such a tight theme base you can find nothing to fit in.
- Have a back up plan for each step of the way (less stress).
- Assign projects to your bridesmaids and let them help.
- Start early in preparing so you won’t stress if one idea goes awry.
- Assign a few projects to your husband-to-be, so he can be a part of the wedding planning .
- Don’t leave out the Groom’s or Bride’s parents, Assign something, no matter how big or trivial, to them as well
- Don’t forget the kids-(If they will be attending) make sure to have a plan for babysitting AT the Wedding and Reception so while they are attending, someone (Other than the Bride, Groom or bridal party ) will be in charge of keeping them entertained and in check with the rules.
- Have alternate choices for foods, flowers, centerpieces, wedding favors, music, and even for the reception location (a close and available inside choice if your outside wedding is rained out for instance) – I would suggest to EVEN have an alternate choice for your wedding gown Just in case something terrible happens to it.. (It can be a pretty vintage dress you found at a resale shop for instance)
- Make post-it notes and a note board your best friend, jot down ideas, and the names of who you assign projects to and place them on the board- add any notes for alternate ideas or additional things (no matter how small) to be completed and not forgotten, then assign one of your bridal party to be in charge of this note board. Maybe even a weekly meeting of all to go over ideas and what has and has not yet been completed.
- Most of all Don’t Sweat the small stuff – if you had to settle on something other than what you thought was the perfect choice, it will not ruin the wedding – really it won’t. At the end of the day you will still end up married to the partner of your choice for a life of happiness.
So, I hope this has helped a little bit- take from this what you need and leave the rest and by ALL means, enjoy the process of your wedding because in the end the day itself goes quickly and it was the getting there that will be most memorable.
Are you nuts ? Or Do You just Need a Favor? Ok so the title sounded silly but it caught your attention didn’t it? Wedding Favors.. OMG there are SO many choices for DIY Brides for wedding favors. Years ago just about every Bride chose Jordan Almonds wrapped in tulle and while this is a traditional wedding favor, don’t feel you need to be stuck in tradition.
History of Jordan Almonds
According to our wiki source: A classic, popular version of dragée are whole almonds coated with a sugar shell in various colors. Called mulabbas in Arabic, confetti in Italian and Jordan almonds or sugared almonds in English, these confections have a long history, and are traditionally associated with weddings and special celebrations. Throwing or handing out these candies at such occasions (hence the name for the multi-colored paper confetti which usually now replaces them) dates back centuries, and is meant to ensure prosperity, fertility, happiness, and good luck.
The treats are often packaged in groups of five per guest, accompanied by a traditional poem:
Five sugared almonds for each guest to eat
To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet.
Five wishes for the new husband and wife —
Health, wealth, happiness, children, and a long life!
Wedding Favors- now as unique as you.. and so many ideas I would literally have to write a book on them.
There are so many choices of what you can fill your lip balm tubes with- from candy conversation hearts or Jordan Almonds to cocoa or cappuccino mix and everything in between. Here is a list of some goodies you can get to create your own wedding favors, some are nearly done for you too- a wide collections from goodies to gourmet foods and teas.
Create your own Lip Balm tubes (these are the large tubes not the typical ones you see with ‘chapstick’ , ready to fill with any goodies you choose.
Beach Wedding Footwear
You have planned the perfect beach wedding and now you are wondering. What kind of shoes can I wear in the sand? We here at the Barefoot Bride have found the absolute ultimate in beach fashion footwear- The Barefoot Sandal and today we showcase some gorgeous selections from our affiliate, Beautiful Barefoot Sandals. Choose from elegant Swarovski Crystals, Quality Glass Pearls, Unique Gemstones or Sparkling Czech beads.
Beautiful Anklet Jewelry that go from your ankles all the way down to your toes. Comfortable Beaded Foot Jewelry that moves with You. Wherever You Go! Wear FOOT JEWELRY instead of shoes or Simply Slip your BEAUTIFUL BAREFOOT SANDALS over flip flops, flats, sandals.
Now if you choose (being the DIY Bride) to make your very own creations for your barefoot sandals, there are tutorials online to help you. (at the risk of dating myself terribly- I used to make these back in the 60’s when they were so popular with the hippie generation ) You can create simple sandals, or make them as intricate as you wish- using seed beads, macrame, fresh water pearls (these are so awesome) gemstones or Swarovski Crystals or a combination of any thing with a hole in it, seashells can also embellish these very cool sexy barefoot sandals. The sky is the limit. Here is a pretty good basic tutorial on making barefoot sandals. And for beads, there is NO place that equals Beadsworld and you can order online. NOTE: Belly Dancers also Love the barefoot sandal, so if you have a friend who is a belly dancer, let them know we offer a source for buying and /or making them.